Essential oils are not only aromatic but also therapeutic and healing making them very good for a number of health areas. Oral health is one of these areas that the oils can help in promoting and maintaining. A large number of people struggle with tooth cavities, bleeding gums, bad breath and other oral issues. Toothpastes can work great in solving the common issues, but considering that they are loaded with chemicals that make them effective they might not be the safest remedies.
Fortunately, there are essential oils that have properties that work great in promoting healthy teeth and gums and the best thing about them is that they are safe because they are extracted from natural plants and herbs. Using the oils, you can make teeth whitening toothpastes and herbal mouthwashes that keep your gums in top health. Below are the 5 best essential oils you can effectively use to get healthy teeth and gums.
- Peppermint essential oil – You can make mouthwash using this oil and gargle on a regular basis to heal the gums and protect them from future issues.
- Spearmint essential oil – It has soothing effects to gum tissues that are soft and therefore offers fast relief from any existing wounds on the tissues.
- Cinnamon essential oil – It is one of the best natural remedies you can choose when promoting oral health because of its antimicrobial and antibacterial qualities.
- Myrrh essential oil – It soothes gums. By supporting the flow of blood to gum tissue, myrrh essential oil assists and protects healthy gums.
- Clove essential oil – It has for ages been used as a remedy for tooth pain and this tells you that it is a good oil for your teeth and gums. This essential oil also promotes better teeth and gum health.
When using the essential oils for teeth and gum, it is important to take care so you do not swallow any oil. Mouthwash gargles are the best because you can spit them without worries compared to pastes that you apply to the teeth and gums.
Oral health is very important because the mouth, teeth and gums are what people see when you are talking to them or smiling and laughing with them. Use essential oils to promote better oral health.
About the author:
Purely was started by a group of successful professionals with a simple mission: “Make a positive difference in the lives of our customers and consultants as well as those we come into contact with”. Purely sells essential oil/ healthy living products through a party plan/direct sales channel.