When a product is declared safe and effective for use, it does not mean that when you use it in the wrong way you will still achieve the desired results. Apart from getting the right product quality, you must also ensure that you use it correctly to get the best results. This is the same case when it comes to essential oils; they might be some of the safest natural remedies for different kinds of health, beauty and cleaning issues, but the results you get will largely depend on how you handle and use the essential oil that you have.
- Always take extra precaution when using the oils near or around delicate skin areas such as the nose and eyes. Direct contact with such sensitive areas can cause damage to the skin and hence the need to be cautious even when using diluted oils.
- When buying the oils, ensure that you get them as pure as you can afford. Oils with synthetic fragrances can end up disappointing you and they might even pose risks when you use them. Choose brands you know you can trust for quality to get the best results.
- Ensure that you do not over use the essential oils. Find out what periods are recommended when using the oils for prolonged kinds of treatment. You should also ensure that you do not expose yourself too long to the vapors, especially if you are in a room with poor ventilation. Prolonged exposure can give rise to lightheadedness, dizziness, blood sugar imbalances and irritability among other issues.
- Remember that light, heat and air can degrade your oils. You therefore should make sure that the cap is replaced tightly after use and you should also allocate a dry, dark storage area such as a cabinet for the oils. It is a simple way of preserving the quality and effectiveness. The same should be done with carrier oils.
- Find out as much as possible about an oil before you go ahead to use it. There are so many resources you can use to get educated about an essential oil that you want to experiment, including precautions, possible side effects and dosage. The more you know about the safe essential oil, then easier and better it will be for you to use it as recommended and actually reap its benefits.
- You can even contact the brand manufacturer for further clarity about the oil you are about to use if you are not too sure. A qualified medical specialist can also come in handy in helping you make the right choice with the brands and the essential oils. It is actually a good idea that you consult your doctor before using the essential oils in any way if you have a medical condition you are already getting treatment for.
- Do not assume that any essential oil is good for any issue. Find out what essential oils are best for what issues and get to know about the most effective methods of using them depending on what you are treating.
Essential oils are as good as how the plants have been grown, the distillation process and the packaging. Go for a brand that you can trust to get you pure and high quality oils for your use.
About the author: