Shiny, healthy hair is the desire of everyone. Hair can actually be used as an indication of your overall health besides working as a body temperature regulator on the head. There are so many issues that can affect how your hair looks and functions as well as health, including hormones, pharmaceuticals, emotional stress and genetics. Luckily, you can still play a role in improving how your hair looks and feels. Choice of diet is among those things and there are foods that are super good in promoting healthier hair.
- Fish. The oily options are the best when it comes to hair health. They include sardines, trout, herring, kipper, mackerel and salmon and others. They contain high quality protein and fatty acids, omega 6 and omega 3. It is these fatty acids that work on hair by stimulating hair growth and improving dry scalp and hair. You will have healthier, shinier and luster hair when you make a habit of eating the oily fish on a regular basis.
- Seeds. They have essential fatty acids and protein good for healthy hair. The best seeds you can choose are black sesame, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, flaxseed and chia seeds. You sprinkle them to your salad, yoghurt, oatmeal, cereal or rice or add to breads and pancakes.
- Legumes. They nourish your hair follicles and also contain B complex vitamins, zinc and iron. There are different types of beans you can incorporate into your meals for healthier hair.
- Whole grains. The silica found in most of the whole grains is what makes them super food for healthy hair. The mineral boosts thicker hair growths, increases hair elasticity and improves tensile strength. The best whole grains include barley, spelt, whole wheat and oats. Millet and quinoa are also just as beneficial to your hair.
- Nuts. They have essential fatty acids and minerals like zinc and selenium important in developing healthy scalp tissues. Walnuts are greatly beneficial but others, including cashews and Brazil nuts are equally just as good.
- Eggs. The yolk has biotin which is a nutrient that protects hair follicles and hair shaft from breakage. This in turn encourages healthy hair growths. There are so many recipes you can use to enjoy your eggs reaping the hair benefits in the process.
- Sea veggies. Seaweed has essential fatty acids that boost hair health and improves detoxification process of the body thus getting rid of substances that could be disrupting cell growth therefore also affecting growth of hair. You can add seaweed to soups, salads and rice to make it more enjoyable.
- Dark green vegetables. They are great sources of iron and Vitamin A which aids the production of natural oils important in conditioning the hair and giving it elasticity and shine. Dark green vegetables such as kale, Swiss chard, broccoli, and spinach also have calcium and irons which boost hair health as well. Include the vegetables in your daily diet and enjoy amazing hair results.