Essential oils are from extracting and distilling different parts of plants including bark, flowers, peels, resin, rots and leaves. These oils have been in use for ages, but they are now getting very popular and common not just because of their medicinal benefits, but because they also make natural remedies for beauty and make amazing cleaning products around the home. You can use the different essential oils for different purposes around your home to maintain a safe, clean and comfortable space.
- To make an all-purpose cleaner you can use to disinfect your countertops, tea tree and lemon essential oils can be added to warm water. This combination will not only get rid of all germs, but will also leave your kitchen smelling fresh.
- Eucalyptus, lemongrass and citronella oils make very good mosquito repellents so you can enjoy peaceful nights at home. A drop of each should be combined with a teaspoon of coconut oil to get the natural bug spray. You can then rub this on exposed skin when retiring to bed.
- If you want to kill germs on sports gear, use lemon and tea tree essential oils in warm water and add baking soda before washing the sports jerseys, cleats and other gear. You will have fresh smelling sports gear with every wash. You can also use your favorite scent per every load on your washing machine for fresh smelling clothes.
- Keep the air around your home clean and comfortable using cinnamon essential oil that has anti-microbial properties. You can use a diffuser to get consistent, clean air around your desired home areas.
- Shower curtains are prone to accumulating scum. Make a spray solution using tea tree oil and eucalyptus oil in warm water and the spray this onto the curtains to start mold killing action naturally.
- Are you expecting guests and you are looking for a wonderful smelling home? How about diffusing orange, rosemary and clove essential oils? They are some of the best oils to keep the air smelling nice keeping your visitors relaxed and comfortable.
- If you have brunt pans that you find tedious to clean, try lemon essential oil in boiling water and you will have an easy time getting rid of the sticky burnt food from your pans and pots in the kitchen.
- For your trash can, you should consider placing a cotton ball dipped in a mix of tea tree and lemon oils. The oils are great in detoxifying and reducing the odors common with trash cans. Two drops of each will work well on the cotton ball.
- Having a hard time keeping the bathtub and sink sparkling clean? Try using a mix of baking soda, vinegar and drops of lime essential oil or bergamot essential oil. The solution should then be used to scrub on a regular basis.
- To purify your refrigerator when cleaning, add grapefruit oil, lime or bergamot oil to our rinsing water.
Cleaning issues around your home can be taken care of using the best essential oils. You just need to stock your home up with the most beneficial oils to reap the benefits every time.
About The Author:
At Purely our mission is simple: to introduce the best essential oils to the world in a way that is accessible and easy-to-use. Discover the Purely difference and join us in changing the world.