Tips To Quit Smoking For Better Health
The negative effects of smoking on your health might be motivation enough for you to want to quit. However, truth be told it is not always that easy to get over the urge. Smoking is addictive and just like any other addiction, you must find a way around it and be strong enough to make the sacrifice to be successful. When you start with a workable plan, you stand to be successful in quitting the risky habit. Small changes and tiny steps are what will lead you to the finish line when you are no longer reliant on the nicotine.
- Write a list of your reasons to quit. It could be that you have found out that your health is deteriorating from all the smoking or you have lost important relationships or simply the possible side effects of smoking are freaking you out. Whatever your reasons for quitting, list them down honestly. This list should come in handy the next time you feel like lighting up.
- Think positively. Even if you might have witnessed a few failed attempts by friends or you have tried to quit before and failed, do not let this dampen your spirits. Remember that quitting smoking is actually possible and you can do it. Think about how beneficial quitting will be to your health and let the life after smoking, motivate you to maintain positivity throughout.
- Create a start plan. It is best that you set a date when you wish to start with your efforts to quit smoking. Once this date is set, stick to it until you are able to get over the cravings. It is not advisable to start smoking fewer cigarettes, instead, plunge right in and stop any type of smoking.
- Get ready to experience a few symptoms from the withdrawal. Headaches, anxiety, irritability and nausea are some of the expected symptoms when you stop smoking abruptly. They result from lack of nicotine that you have become used to but they should ease after a few weeks so being clean. You might also get a smokers cough; it can tempt you to go back to smoking but resist this temptation every possible way because the cough will ease gradually.
- Get rid of cigarettes still in your possession, ashtrays and lighters. The harder it is for you to see and access these items the more successful your quitting efforts will be. In their place, stock up your home with foods like cheese, vegetables and fruits that make cigarettes taste bad. When thinking drinks, think juice and water instead of alcohol, tea, cola and coffee, which only make the cigarettes taste better.
- Get support. Nothing can be better than letting the people around you know that you have made up your mind to stop smoking. You can also get some of your smoking friends to quit together with you. It is so much easier to keep going when you have this kind of support.
When you choose to quit smoking, you are on the right path to healthier living. Get all the tools you can find to assist you be a success in your quitting.
About the author:
Purely was started by a group of successful professionals with a simple mission: “Make a positive difference in the lives of our customers and consultants as well as those we come into contact with”. Purely sells essential oil/ healthy living products through a party plan/direct sales channel.