Respiratory issues can make it hard for you to enjoy your sleep, especially when they seem to crop up in the evening and night time. When you have a hard time breathing, then you can’t be comfortable. Using the essential oils of peppermint and eucalyptus, you can relieve the respiratory system off any congestion and improve breathing. A homemade vapor rub using these essential oils will soothe your system and give you an easier time breathing so you can enjoy quality sleep or go on with your chores throughout the day.
Why use peppermint and eucalyptus?
Peppermint essential oil makes a great choice for the vapor rub because of the calming and cooling effects it has on the body. The antimicrobial properties of the essential oil make it versatile for different applications at home including improving the respiratory system. It works in the rub by clearing the respiratory tract this improving breathing. Apart from the ability to clear the respiratory system, the rub will also offer you added benefits like improving mental focus and relieving headaches.
Eucalyptus essential oil on the other hand works as expectorant and cleanses the body from harmful microorganisms and toxins. It is one of the best essential oils you can choose to use when you have a cold or flu. It is also a perfect natural remedy for allergies and sinus that can interfere with the respiratory system making it a good choice for your homemade vapor rub. If you suffer from respiratory problems like bronchitis and asthma, the essential oil offers relief, especially when mixed together with peppermint essential oils and coconut oil.
These two essential oils are therefore best placed for an effective vapor rub that you can use safely at home without costing you too much. The ingredients needed for the vapor rub are readily available and inexpensive for that matter.
Ingredients for the homemade vapor rub
- ¼ cup beeswax grated
- ¼ cup of olive oil
- ½ cup of coconut oil
- 20 drops of essential oil of peppermint
- 20 drops essential oil of eucalyptus
- Glass jar
- Place the beeswax into a saucepan with 2 inches of water over heat that is medium low and allow it to melt before pouring in olive oil and coconut oil. Stir the combination to ensure that it combines properly.
- Remove saucepan from heat and allow slight cooling before adding in the essential oils of eucalyptus and peppermint. Stir to combine.
- Pour your mixture into metal tins or appropriate storage containers and leave to settle.
- Once the mixture solidifies and cools, you can safely use your vapor rub to ease respiratory issues.
- When using the vapor rub, make sure you use it moderately. The essential oils are powerful and only a little amount will be needed to offer you the kind of relief you are looking for.
- To enjoy your homemade vapor rub longer, be careful with storage. A dark and cool place is the best storage place for the rub compared to hot area that reduces the shelf life of your rub.
One of the best ways to stay off nasty side effects from personal care products is to use natural products. With essential oils, there is practically no product you can create at home to enjoy the full benefits of natural ingredients.
About the author:
Purely was started by a group of passionate professionals with a simple mission: “Make a positive difference in the lives of our customers and advisors as well as those we come into contact with”. Purely sells essential oil/ healthy living products through a party plan/direct sales channel.