Soft, smooth and moisturized skin is what women yearn for. A good number of men also wish to have such beautiful looking skin and fortunately with the right kind of lotion, it is not that hard to achieve the results. Homemade care products now seem to be the most preferred simply because apart from being effective in fetching the desired results, they are safe from side effects.
Lotion bars made from some of the best skin care essential oils are rich and moisturizing and will come with other added benefits such as relaxing and calming your nerves every time you use them. The other advantage you have with homemade lotion bars is cost. The ingredients are inexpensive and using a few directions you will be able to create a favorite bar that you can use to achieve soft and smooth skin.
Essential oils for lotion bars
Lavender essential oil is one of the best you can choose for the lotion bars you make at home. It has so many values and properties that boost healthy looking skin and keep it smelling good and feeling soft. However, if you are not a fan of lavender essential oils, there are so many other essential oils that are also perfect for the lotion bars. They include chamomile and calendula for baby lotion, almond oil and rosewater, wintergreen, ginger and peppermint to soothe sore muscles, calendula and coconut for face lotion, and green tea and mint. The choice is usually a matter of preference, but you should ensure that you choose less potent essential oils, considering that you will be applying the lotion directly on your skin.
Now that you already know the essential oils that you wish to use for the lotion bars, next is to get every other ingredient ready. The others that you will need for the homemade lotion bars include:
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons shea butter
- 2 tablespoons beeswax
- 1 tablespoon jojoba; you can also go for the apricot, almond or grapeseed oil
- Vitamin E soft gels
- 25 drops of selected essential oil
- Medicine syringe
- Silicone mold; you can get them in shapes that you love for your lotion bars
Remember you can alter the ingredient amounts depending on the number of bars you wish to make in one go.
- Place a non-stick pan over low heat and melt the beeswax then add shea butter and the coconut oil stirring until all is melted and combined properly.
- Add the jojoba oil or any other option you have settled for and squeeze out the liquid from the Vitamin E gels and add then stir thoroughly to combine.
- Add the essential oil drops into the mixture and stir. You can then use the syringe to squirt the mixture into the molds.
- Allow the lotion to sit and harden to create the lotion bars that you can use as you wish. Keep any bars you are not using in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight to enjoy for long.
Homemade care products using essential oils are very safe and effective. With so many essential oil options, you will find an option that best suits your personal preferences depending on the product that you want to make at home.
About the author:
Purely was started by a group of passionate professionals with a simple mission: “Make a positive difference in the lives of our customers and advisors as well as those we come into contact with”. Purely sells essential oil/ healthy living products through a party plan/direct sales channel.